Health Outreach Partners and MHP Salud have collaborated on quarterly Technical Assistance (TA) articles aimed at diabetes prevention strategies for families, with a focus on both adults and children. These articles are based on field-tested strategies using Community Health Workers/Promotores(as) de Salud to deliver community-based outreach and health education to both adults and families to incorporate healthy eating and physical activity to improve health across the lifespan. The TA articles cover a variety of topics, which include healthy eating practices, physical activity, and using outreach strategies to effectively prevent diabetes and impact disease management.
Authors: Health Outreach Partners; MHP Salud contributers
- Living a Healthy Lifestyle: Community Health Workers Promoting Diabetes Prevention Among Families (October 2020) – MHP Salud
- Facilitating Health Eating for the Whole Family (December 2020) – Liam Spurgeon (HOP)
- Living a Healthy Lifestyle: The Role of CHWs in Preventing Diabetes through Family Connection (March 2021) – MHP Salud
- Involving Children and Parents for Diabetes Health Education for Youth (May 2021) – Liam Spurgeon (HOP)
- Diabetes Prevention Strategies for the Whole Family (October 2021) – MHP Salud
- Diabetes and Stress: Reimagining Health Education Strategies (December 2021) – Jayvon Moore (HOP)