Health Outreach Partners (HOP) presented a three-part Transportation Webinar Series in Spring 2018 on innovative efforts to overcome transportation barriers to healthcare.
HOP launched a Transportation Initiative in March of 2016 after consistently finding transportation listed as one of the most common barriers to care being seen by community health centers that we work with. After the creation of several resources and speaking with individuals and organizations in the field, we decided to focus this webinar series on specific topics that are of particular interest to those engaged and interested in this work. Each webinar was presented by panelists with expertise and experience in the subject matter. A week following each webinar, HOP hosted “Office Hours” with the subject matter experts to answer any specific questions from participants and get into more depth as to how the information presented in the webinar relates to the participants’ own programs.
Please see below for a list of the series, and click the links to get more information and to view the recordings of all webinars and office hours.
- Webinar #1: The Need for Research and Data to Address Transportation Barriers
- Webinar: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- Office Hours: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- Webinar #2: The Role of Ridesharing Services in Addressing Transportation Barriers
- Webinar: Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- Office Hours: Wednesday, April 4, 2018
- Webinar #3: Addressing the Transportation Needs of the Elderly Population
- Webinar: Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Office Hours: Wednesday, May 2, 2018
ABOUT THE TRANSPORTATION INITIATIVE
Launched in March 2016, HOP’s Transportation Initiative (TI) seeks to document the impact of transportation barriers on healthcare costs and to strengthen patient-centered transportation solutions through data gathering tools and effective collaborations. Learn more on our Transportation Initiative page.
Transportation Toolkits and Reports
- Overcoming Obstacles to Health Care: Transportation Models that Work
- Transportation and Health Access: A Quality Improvement Toolkit
- Transportation and Health Access: Where Are We Now and Where Do We Go?
- Rides to Wellness Community Scan Project Report